Cranberry-Banana Bread Pudding with Honey-Ginger Sauce
- For pudding, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 2-quart square baking dish. Add bread cubes to the prepared dish. Sprinkle with cranberries.
- In a large bowl mash the banana (you should have 2/3 cup). Whisk in eggs until combined. Whisk in milk, sugar, butter, and vanilla until well combined. Slowly pour over bread mixture in dish. Press down on bread cubes with the back of a large spoon so all bread is moistened.
- Bake, uncovered, for 35 to 40 minutes or until puffed and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 20 minutes on a wire rack.
- For sauce, in a small saucepan bring the water just to simmering. Remove from heat and add tea bag and ginger. Cover and let steep for 4 minutes. Remove tea bag, pressing out excess liquid.
- In a small bowl stir together honey and cornstarch until smooth. Add to hot tea. Cook and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat and cook for 2 minutes more. Remove from heat; let cool for 5 minutes. Serve warm sauce over warm bread pudding.
Nutrition Facts (Cranberry-Banana Bread Pudding with Honey-Ginger Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 220 kcal ,
- 5 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 47 mg chol. ,
- 190 mg sodium ,
- 42 g carb. ,
- 5 g fiber ,
- 23 g sugar ,
- 7 g pro.
Thorunn Sleight 606 Days Ago
What's with the fat-free milk? What sensible person would ever buy it?
Lyn Campbell 625 Days Ago
I'd also like to contribute mashing at a ratio of one ripe banana with one egg to make quick and delicious mini pancakes. Fry in coconut oil for a lovely flavour.