Crab and Asparagus Frittata
- Preheat broiler. In a bowl whisk together the first six ingredients (through salt).
- Heat oil in a large broilerproof skillet over medium heat; add the onion and garlic. Cook 2 minutes. Add asparagus and the water. Cover and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until asparagus is tender. Drain and discard any liquid remaining in the skillet.
- Evenly sprinkle the crab and roasted peppers over asparagus. Pour egg mixture over vegetables and crab in skillet. Cook over medium heat. As mixture sets, run a spatula around edge of skillet, lifting egg mixture so uncooked portion flows underneath. Continue cooking and lifting edges until egg mixture is almost set (surface will be moist).
- Place skillet under the broiler 4 to 5 inches from heat. Broil 1 to 2 minutes or until top is just set. (Or preheat oven to 400 degrees F; bake about 5 minutes or until top is set.)
- Cut into wedges. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with hot sauce.
From the Test Kitchen
For an elegant presentation, choose slender asparagus spears and leave them long.
Nutrition Facts (Crab and Asparagus Frittata)
- Per serving:
- 169 kcal ,
- 9 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 4 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 279 mg chol. ,
- 407 mg sodium ,
- 5 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 2 g sugar ,
- 16 g pro.