Corn and Cantaloupe Chopped Salad
- Bring a small saucepan of salted water to boiling. Add the corn kernels and cook 2 minutes**. Drain in a sieve and rinse until cool under cold running water. Drain well and pour into a large bowl.
- Add the cantaloupe, chile pepper, onion, and dill.Toss to combine.
- In a small bowl whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, and dry mustard until well combined. Pour over corn mixture and stir to coat. Add greens and toss to mix. Season with salt. Let stand 5 minutes before serving, stirring occasionally.
From the Test Kitchen
Because hot chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid contact with chiles as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the chile peppers, wash your hands well with soap and water.
If your corn is wonderfully fresh and sweet, skip cooking it, if you like.
Test Kitchen Tip
Nutrition Facts (Corn and Cantaloupe Chopped Salad)
- Per serving:
- 114 kcal ,
- 5 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 4 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 0 mg chol. ,
- 115 mg sodium ,
- 16 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 8 g sugar ,
- 3 g pro.