Vanilla Bean Angel Pillows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a food processor, combine flour, powdered sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Cover and process until combined.
- Using the tip of a sharp knife, scrape pulp from vanilla bean. Add vanilla pulp to the flour mixture; add butter. Cover and process with several on/off pulses until mixture starts to cling, stopping once to scrape down side of bowl. Gather mixture into a ball.
- Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven about 12 minutes or just until edges start to brown. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool for 5 minutes.
- Place vanilla sugar in a small bowl. While still warm, roll cookies in vanilla sugar to coat. Cool completely on wire rack. Makes about 28 cookies.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer cookies between waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Fill a clean and sterilized 1-quart jar with sugar. Using a sharp paring knife, slit vanilla bean lengthwise. Insert both halves into sugar, making sure all of the bean is covered with sugar. Secure lid and store in a cool dry place for 2 weeks before using. (Will keep indefinitely.)