Swirled Peppermint Thumbprints
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine cookie dough and flour; knead until smooth. Shape dough into 1-1/2-inch balls. Place balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Using your thumb, make an indentation in the center of each ball.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are very lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine white chocolate and cream. Microwave, uncovered, on 100 percent power (high) for 1 to 2 minutes or until white chocolate is melted, stirring twice. Stir in peppermint extract. Divide mixture in half. Tint one portion with food coloring. Cover and chill for 1 to 2 hours or until mixtures are of spreading consistency.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon of the white mixture and about 1 teaspoon of the pink mixture into the center of each cookie. Gently swirl a knife through mixtures to marble. Let stand until set. If desired, drizzle cookies with White Chocolate Drizzle. Makes about 34 cookies.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer filled cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
White Chocolate Drizzle
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine white baking chocolate and shortening. Microwave, uncovered, on 100 percent power (high) about 1 minute or until melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir in peppermint extract.