Santa's Spicy Gingersnappers This Christmas drop cookie recipe will quickly become a family favorite when they sample the yummy pecan topping and orange glaze. By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Updated on October 4, 2016 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Prep Time: 45 mins Bake Time: 12 mins Cool Time: 2 mins Total Time: 45 mins Yield: 3 dozen large cookies Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients 1 cup raisins 1 cup unsalted butter, softened 2 cup packed brown sugar 2 eggs 1 tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel 1 teaspoon vanilla 3 ⅔ cup all-purpose flour ½ cup chopped pecans 1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon 1 teaspoon baking soda ½ teaspoon baking powder ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg ¼ teaspoon ground ginger ¼ teaspoon salt 1 recipe Pecan Topping (see below) 1 recip Orange Glaze (see below) Orange Glaze 1 cup sifted powdered sugar 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel 1 tablespoon orange juice Pecan Topping ½ cup chopped raisins ½ cup chopped pecans 3 tablespoon dairy sour cream 2 tablespoon caramel topping Directions Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place raisins and butter in food processor; process until raisins are chopped and combined with butter. Transfer mixture to extra-large bowl. With electric mixer beat in brown sugar, eggs, crystallized ginger, orange peel, and vanilla until creamy. In medium bowl combine flour, pecans, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, ginger, and salt. Gradually beat flour mixture into butter mixture. Mix until well combined. With a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop drop dough 4 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten tops lightly. Spoon 1 teaspoon Pecan Topping onto the center of each unbaked cookie. Bake 12 to 13 minutes or until edges are just set. Let cool on pan for 2 minutes; transfer cookies to cooling rack. Cool completely. Drizzle cooled cookies with Orange Glaze. Makes 3 dozen large cookies. Orange Glaze In a small bowl, stir together powdered sugar and finely shredded orange peel. Stir in enough orange juice to make a glaze of drizzling consistency. Pecan Topping In small bowl combine raisins, pecans, sour cream, and caramel topping. Cover and chill until ready to use. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 210 Calories 8g Fat 34g Carbs 2g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Calories 210 % Daily Value * Total Fat 8g 10% Saturated Fat 4g 20% Cholesterol 26mg 9% Sodium 70mg 3% Total Carbohydrate 34g 12% Total Sugars 21g Protein 2g Vitamin C 1.2mg 6% Calcium 30.3mg 2% Iron 1.1mg 6% Potassium 119mg 3% Folate, total 28.2mcg Vitamin B-12 0.1mcg Vitamin B-6 0mg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.