Recipes and Cooking Peanut Butter Cream Sandwich Cookies Be the first to rate & review! For a delicious snack, try these irresistible cookies that features peanut butter cream between two cookies. By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Updated on August 17, 2021 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: Andy Lyons Prep Time: 50 mins Bake Time: 7 mins Cool Time: 1 mins Total Time: 50 mins Yield: 48 sandwich cookies Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients ½ cup chunky peanut butter ½ cup shortening 1 cup packed brown sugar 1 teaspoon baking soda ⅛ teaspoon salt 1 egg 1 teaspoon vanilla 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour Granulated sugar 1 recipe Peanut Cream Filling Peanut Cream Filling ¾ cup chunky peanut butter ¾ cup marshmallow crème 3 tablespoon milk ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon ¼ teaspoon ground cumin 3 tablespoon powdered sugar Directions Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl beat peanut butter and shortening with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar, baking soda, and salt. Beat until combined, scraping bowl occasionally. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour. For each cookie, shape 1 level teaspoon of the dough into a ball. Place balls 1-1/2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten cookies by making crisscross marks with tines of a fork dipped in granulated sugar. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Transfer to a wire rack; cool. Spread Peanut Cream Filling on bottoms of half of the cookies, using 1 teaspoon per cookie. Top with the remaining cookies, bottom sides down. Peanut Cream Filling In a medium bowl whisk together peanut butter, marshmallow crème, milk, cinnamon, and cumin. Gradually whisk in powdered sugar. To Store: Place sandwich cookies in layers separated by waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 98 Calories 6g Fat 11g Carbs 2g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Calories 98 % Daily Value * Total Fat 6g 8% Saturated Fat 1g 5% Cholesterol 4mg 1% Sodium 69mg 3% Total Carbohydrate 11g 4% Total Sugars 7g Protein 2g Calcium 10.1mg 1% Iron 0.4mg 2% Potassium 62mg 1% Folate, total 12.1mcg Vitamin B-6 0mg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.