Peanut Butter Brownie
- Grease a 6-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- In a heavy small saucepan, melt the 1/4 cup butter and unsweetened chocolate over low heat, stirring frequently. Stir in the 3 tablespoons peanut butter. Cool about 10 minutes. In a medium mixing bowl stir together the beaten egg, granulated sugar, flour, and vanilla. Stir in the cooled chocolate mixture. Pour mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 35 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Loosen sides of springform pan. Cool brownie completely.
- Remove sides of springform pan and, using a thin metal spatula or knife, loosen bottom of brownie from bottom of pan. Carefully transfer brownie to a flat plate or a 7- or 8-inch cardboard round that's covered with foil.
- In a heavy small saucepan melt the 2 tablespoons peanut butter and 1 tablespoon butter over low heat. Remove from heat and stir in powdered sugar. Stir in 2 teaspoons very hot water. Stir in additional hot water, 1 teaspoon at a time, to make a glaze.
- Pour warm glaze over cooled brownie, spreading evenly and allowing it to drip down sides. Top with assorted candies. Store in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days (or freeze unglazed brownie for up to 1 month).
From the Test Kitchen
Nutrition facts are for 1/6th of the brownie.
To Present This As a Gift:
You will need a 7- to 8-inch round plastic food container, paint pens in desired colors, ice pick, birthday cake candleholders, and birthday candles. Turn the bowl portion of the plastic container upside down. Use paint pens to make scallops or other desired designs on the bottom and sides of the container as if decorating a birthday cake. Let dry. Use an ice pick to poke holes in the circle around the bottom (now the top) of the container. Put the candleholders into the holes. Put birthday candles into the holders.
Also Try This:
Press small rhinestones into the wet paint pen to add sparkle to the container design.
Nutrition Facts (Peanut Butter Brownie)
- Per serving:
- 455 kcal ,
- 25 g fat
- (12 g sat. fat ,
- 63 mg chol. ,
- 200 mg sodium ,
- 56 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 7 g pro.