Recipes and Cooking Peanut Butter and Chocolate Pinwheels 3.3 (3) Add your rating & review When time is short, cut the chilling step for this homemade slice-and-bake cookie recipe in half by freezing dough logs about 30 minutes or until firm enough to slice. By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Published on June 14, 2011 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: Andy Lyons Prep Time: 25 mins Bake Time: 8 mins Total Time: 33 mins Yield: 60 cookies Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients 1 18 ounce roll refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough ¼ cup all-purpose flour 1 18 ounce roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder ½ cup finely chopped peanuts (optional) Directions In a large mixing bowl combine peanut butter cookie dough and flour; use a wooden spoon to mix well. Divide dough in half. In another large mixing bowl combine sugar cookie dough and cocoa powder; use another wooden spoon to mix well. Divide dough in half. Between pieces of waxed paper, roll out half of the peanut butter dough and half of the sugar cookie dough into 12x6-inch rectangles. Remove the top pieces of waxed paper. Invert one rectangle on top of the other; press down gently to seal. Remove top piece of waxed paper. Tightly roll up into a spiral, starting from a long side. Repeat with remaining dough portions. If desired, sprinkle half of the peanuts onto waxed paper. Roll 1 log of dough in peanuts. Wrap in waxed paper or plastic wrap. Repeat with remaining dough and peanuts, if desired. Wrap and chill dough logs 1 hour or until firm enough to slice. Using a sharp knife, cut dough logs into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place slices 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are firm. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool. Makes about 60 cookies. Tips Shape logs of dough; wrap and chill up to 1 week or freeze up to 1 month. Thaw frozen dough 3 hours in refrigerator before slicing. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 77 Calories 4g Fat 10g Carbs 1g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Calories 77 % Daily Value * Total Fat 4g 5% Saturated Fat 1g 5% Cholesterol 3mg 1% Sodium 69mg 3% Total Carbohydrate 10g 4% Protein 1g *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.