Lemon-Strawberry Cookie Triangles
- For filling, place pie filling in a small bowl. Snip any large pieces of strawberry. Stir in ground nuts. Set aside.
- Beat butter and cream cheese in a large mixing bowl on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar and baking powder; beat until well combined. Beat in egg and vanilla until thoroughly combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in lemon peel and any remaining flour with a wooden spoon. Divide dough in half. Cover and chill dough about 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Roll one half of dough between two sheets of parchment paper into a 12x8-inch rectangle. Remove top sheet of parchment paper. Spread half of the filling over dough to within 1/4 inch of edges. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting from one of the short sides, removing bottom sheet of parchment paper as you roll. Pinch to seal. Using your hands, shape roll of dough into a triangular log. Wrap in parchment paper or clear plastic wrap. Repeat with remaining roll and filling. Chill about 4 hours or until firm.
- Remove one roll from the refrigerator. Unwrap and reshape slightly, if necessary. Carefully cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place 2 inches apart on foil-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Remove and cool completely on wire racks. Repeat with remaining roll of dough. Makes about 48.
From the Test Kitchen
Wrap rolls of dough in plastic wrap. Place in an airtight or freezer container and freeze up to 1 month. To use, thaw just until soft enough to slice. Or, cool baked cookies completely. In an airtight or freezer container, arrange cookies in a single layer; cover with a sheet of waxed paper. Repeat layers, leaving enough air space to close container easily. Freeze up to 1 month.
Nutrition Facts (Lemon-Strawberry Cookie Triangles)
- Per serving:
- 77 kcal ,
- 3 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 12 mg chol. ,
- 30 mg sodium ,
- 11 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 1 g pro.