Crispy Chocolate Heart Cookies
- Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper. Grease the waxed paper with the 1/2 teaspoon butter or margarine. Set aside.
- Put the chocolate pieces, corn syrup, and the 2 tablespoons butter or margarine in a heavy medium saucepan. Put pan on burner. Turn burner to low heat. Cook until chocolate and butter are melted, stirring all the time with a wooden spoon. Turn off burner. Remove pan from burner. Or, put chocolate pieces, corn syrup, and butter or margarine in a 1-1/2-quart microwave-safe casserole. Microwave, uncovered, on 100 percent power (high) for 1 minute or until chocolate and butter are melted, stirring once.
- Add the rice cereal to the melted chocolate mixture. Stir with a wooden spoon until the cereal is evenly coated with chocolate.
- Turn the chocolate-coated cereal out onto the prepared cookie sheet. Pat it into a 12x6-inch rectangle. Chill about 20 minutes or until slightly firm.
- Cut cereal mixture into heart shapes with a heart-shaped cookie cutter. Decorate with frosting, if you like. Chill until firm; wrap each heart in plastic wrap. Chill until serving time. Makes 8 or 9 three-inch hearts.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare as directed and chill up to 2 days.
Nutrition Facts (Crispy Chocolate Heart Cookies)
- Per serving:
- 193 kcal ,
- 9 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 8 mg chol. ,
- 147 mg sodium ,
- 31 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 2 g pro.