- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl beat butter with electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Beat in the 1/4 cup sugar, and fruit peels; beat in vanilla.
- In separate bowl combine flour, cornmeal, and salt; gradually add to and mix with butter mixture until a cohesive ball of dough forms.
- Using a 1-ounce scoop or tablespoon, roll dough in 3/4-inch balls. Place 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheets. Flatten slightly with palm of hand.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until edges are lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Place additional sugar in shallow dish; gently toss warm cookies in sugar. Cool on rack. Makes 3 dozen cookies.
Nutrition Facts (Cornmeal Sandies)
- Per serving:
- 83 kcal
- 5 g
- (3 g
- 1 g
- 14 mg
- 53 mg
- 9 g
- 3 g
- 1 g