Cinnamon Sugar Sticks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line large baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In mixing bowl beat butter on high 30 seconds. Add sugar; beat until combined. Beat in baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In medium bowl combine flour and almonds. Beat as much flour mixture as you can into butter mixture. Stir in remaining flour mixture.
- On lightly floured surface roll or pat dough to 14x7-inch rectangle, about 1/2-inch thick. Cut in half, making two, 14x3 1/2-inch rectangles. Cut crosswise into 1/2-inch wide sticks. Use a metal spatula to transfer to baking sheets, placing 1 inch apart. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until firm and edges are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets 1 minute. Transfer cookies to rack to cool completely.
- In small heavy saucepan melt chocolate and shortening over low heat, stirring constantly. In wide shallow bowl combine crushed candies and sugar. Dip sticks in chocolate then in candy mixture. Place on waxed paper to set. Makes 56 sticks.
From the Test Kitchen
Place cookies, separated between waxed paper, in airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days.
Nutrition Facts (Cinnamon Sugar Sticks)
- Per serving:
- 83 kcal ,
- 4 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 11 mg chol. ,
- 37 mg sodium ,
- 11 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 5 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.