Chocolate-Mint Snow-Top Cookies
- In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside. In a small saucepan, heat 1 cup of the chocolate pieces over low heat until melted, stirring constantly.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter with mixer on medium speed 30 seconds. Beat in sugar until fluffy. Beat in melted chocolate, eggs, vanilla, and mint flavoring.
- Gradually beat in the flour mixture and remaining chocolate pieces. Wrap dough in plastic wrap. Freeze for 30 minutes or until firm enough to shape into balls.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll balls in powdered sugar. Place balls about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until tops are crackled. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet. Transfer to wire racks; cool. Makes 54.
From the Test Kitchen
Place in layers separated by waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts (Chocolate-Mint Snow-Top Cookies)
- Per serving:
- 83 kcal ,
- 4 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 0 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 15 mg chol. ,
- 46 mg sodium ,
- 13 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 0 g sugar ,
- 1 g pro.
How To Video
Linda Hall 591 Days Ago
I'm looking for gluten free cookies that are also low in sugar; any suggestions?