Chocolate Heaven Cookies
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Stir together flour and baking powder; set aside.
- Place cut-up chocolate and butter in top of double boiler; set top over, but not touching, simmering water. Stir constantly until mixture is smooth and shiny. Or melt cut-up chocolate and butter in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until mixture is smooth and shiny. Remove from heat.
- Beat eggs and coffee crystals in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Gradually add the sugar; beat 2 minutes more or until mixture is thick. With mixer on low speed, beat in the chocolate mixture. Beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate pieces and nuts. (Dough will thicken upon standing.)
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoons 2 inches apart on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a 325 degree F oven for 9 to 10 minutes or until tops are cracked and shiny (cookies may not appear set). Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer to wire racks and cool completely.
From the Test Kitchen
Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days. Or pack in freezer containers and freeze up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts (Chocolate Heaven Cookies)
- Per serving:
- 100 kcal ,
- 6 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 17 mg chol. ,
- 26 mg sodium ,
- 12 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 1 g pro.