Recipes and Cooking Chocolate-Almond Sugar Cookies 5.0 (1) Add your rating & review Nuts and chocolate were a match made in heaven, and this sugar cookie recipe includes both to satisfy. By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Published on June 14, 2011 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Servings: 72 Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients 4 cup all-purpose flour ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder ⅔ cup shortening ⅔ cup butter 1 ½ cup sugar 2 teaspoon baking powder 2 eggs 3 tablespoon amaretto, coffee liqueur, crème de cacao, or milk 2 teaspoon vanilla 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate pieces ¾ cup finely chopped almonds or pecans Directions In a medium bowl stir together flour and cocoa powder; set aside. In a large bowl beat shortening and butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar and baking powder. Beat until combined, scraping side of bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs, liqueur, and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour mixture as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour mixture. Stir in chocolate pieces and nuts. Drop dough by a rounded teaspoon 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten each mound of dough with the bottom of a glass dipped in additional sugar. Bake in a 375° oven for 7 to 9 minutes or until edges are firm. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool. Makes about 72 cookies. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 100 Calories 5g Fat 11g Carbs 1g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 72 Calories 100 % Daily Value * Total Fat 5g 6% Saturated Fat 1g 5% Cholesterol 8mg 3% Sodium 28mg 1% Total Carbohydrate 11g 4% Protein 1g *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.