Recipes and Cooking Chewy Molasses Ginger Cookies 4.1 (7) These cookies are as hearty and spicy as the original ginger cookie recipe, but fat and calories have been drastically reduced. By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Published on June 14, 2011 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: Blaine Moats Prep Time: 25 mins Chill Time: 1 hrs Bake Time: 10 mins Total Time: 1 hrs 35 mins Servings: 48 Yield: 4 dozen cookies Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients Nonstick cooking spray ⅓ cup margarine, softened ⅔ cup packed brown sugar 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon ground ginger ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon 1 egg ¼ cup dark molasses 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour ½ cup whole wheat flour ¼ cup granulated sugar 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon Directions Spray cookie sheet with nonstick spray; set aside. In a large mixing bowl beat the margarine with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add the brown sugar, baking soda, ginger, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; beat until combined. Beat in egg and molasses. Beat in as much of the all-purpose and whole wheat flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour with a wooden spoon. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Combine the granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Roll balls in sugar-cinnamon mixture. Place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 10 to 11 minutes or until set and tops are cracked. Remove from cookie sheet. Cool on a wire rack. Makes about 4 dozen. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 50 Calories 1g Fat 9g Carbs 1g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 48 Calories 50 % Daily Value * Total Fat 1g 1% Cholesterol 4mg 1% Sodium 42mg 2% Total Carbohydrate 9g 3% Protein 1g *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.