Chai Spice Girls
- Remove tea bag contents (3 teaspoons); discard bags. In medium bowl combine tea, flour, and pumpkin pie spice; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl beat butter on medium to high 30 seconds. Add sugar; beat until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks and molasses. Beat in as much of the flour mixture as you can; stir in remaining flour. Divide dough in half. Cover and refrigerate about 3 hours or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper. On lightly floured surface, roll half of the dough at a time until 1/4-inch thickness. Cut dough with 4-inch gingerbread girl cutters.
- Bake 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheets 2 minutes. Transfer to rack to cool completely. Decorate with Powdered Sugar Icing. Makes 18 to 20 cookies.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer cookies between waxed paper is covered airtight container. Store at room temperature up to 3 days or freeze up to 3 months.
Powdered Sugar Icing
- In a small bowl stir together powdered sugar, vanilla or almond extract, and enough milk (3 to 4 teaspoons) to make icing drizzling consistency.
Nutrition Facts (Chai Spice Girls)
- Per serving:
- 308 kcal ,
- 16 g fat
- (10 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 4 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 64 mg chol. ,
- 112 mg sodium ,
- 39 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 22 g sugar ,
- 3 g pro.
Sara Bielaczyc 580 Days Ago
I could not get these to roll out. The dough was way too sticky!