- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Coat a 9x9x2-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, allspice, baking soda, and salt. Stir in lime peel; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg and sugar. Stir in pumpkin, oil, and lime juice. Stir in carrot and nuts.
- Add pumpkin mixture all at once to flour mixture, stirring until combined. Spoon batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into triangles or bars. If desired, sift powdered sugar over the tops. Makes 16 bars.
From the Test Kitchen
Bake and cut bars as directed. Layer cut bars between waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month. If frozen, thaw for 15 minutes before serving.
Choose from Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking or Equal Sugar Lite. Follow the package directions to use the product amount equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar.
Nutrition Facts (Carrot-Pumpkin Bars)
- Per serving:
- 128 kcal ,
- 7 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 0 mg chol. ,
- 89 mg sodium ,
- 15 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 2 g pro.