Coffee-Crusted Beef Tenderloin
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with heavy foil. Place a rack in the pan and coat with cooking spray; set pan aside. For rub, in a small bowl stir together ground coffee, brown sugar, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper; set aside.
- Trim fat from meat. Place meat on the rack in the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle coffee mixture evenly over top and sides of meat; rub in and press lightly with your fingers.
- Insert an oven-going meat thermometer into center of meat. Roast, uncovered, for 50 to 60 minutes or until the meat thermometer registers 135 degrees F for medium rare. Remove from oven.
- Cover meat with foil; let stand for 15 minutes before slicing. (Temperature of the meat after standing should be 145 degrees F.) Cut meat into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
From the Test Kitchen
Like smoke flavor? Substitute smoked paprika for the regular paprika. Out of garlic powder? Use an equal amount of onion powder. Prefer an option to tenderloin? Try a 4-pound beef top round roast. Roast at 350 degrees F for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until meat thermometer registers 135 degrees F for medium rare.
Prepare as directed through Step 2. Cover and chill for up to 24 hours. Continue as directed in Step 3.
Nutrition Facts (Coffee-Crusted Beef Tenderloin)
- Per serving:
- 233 kcal ,
- 10 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 4 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 94 mg chol. ,
- 230 mg sodium ,
- 2 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 1 g sugar ,
- 32 g pro.