Raspberry and Cheese Coffee Cake
- Lightly coat a 9x1-1/2-inch round baking pan with cooking spray; set aside. In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, lemon peel, baking soda, and salt.
- In another medium bowl beat 3/4 cup of the granulated sugar and the butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until combined. Add the 1/4 cup egg product and the vanilla. Beat on low to medium speed for 1 minute. Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk to egg mixture, beating just until combined after each addition. Pour batter into the prepared baking pan.
- In a small bowl beat the cream cheese and the remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar on medium to high speed until combined. Add the 2 tablespoons egg product; beat until combined. Sprinkle raspberries over the batter in pan. Pour cream cheese mixture over raspberries, allowing some of the berries to show.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar. Serve coffee cake warm. If desired, garnish each serving with additional raspberries. Makes 10 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
If you like, substitute well-drained, thinly sliced canned apricots or peach slices for the fresh fruit.
Nutrition Facts (Raspberry and Cheese Coffee Cake)
- Per serving:
- 195 kcal ,
- 5 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 14 mg chol. ,
- 223 mg sodium ,
- 33 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 4 g pro.