Coconut Stracciatella Ice Cream
- Line a 15 x 10-inch baking pan with parchment paper. In a medium bowl combine coconut milk, honey, and vanilla bean paste or vanilla. (If using vanilla bean, in a small saucepan combine coconut milk and honey. Scrape seeds from vanilla bean and add seeds and pod to coconut milk mixture. Bring just to simmering over medium heat; cool 10 minutes. Remove and discard pod.) Pour mixture into prepared pan and freeze 2 hours.
- In a small bowl microwave chocolate and oil 20 to 30 seconds or until chocolate is softened. Stir until smooth.
- Break frozen coconut milk mixture into pieces and transfer to a food processor. Cover and pulse to a shaved ice consistency. Gradually add enough of the milk, processing until mixture resembles soft-serve ice cream. Transfer to a freezer container and drizzle with melted chocolate (if desired, reserve some of the chocolate until ready to serve). Freeze at least 1 hour or until firm enough to scoop.
- If desired, drizzle servings with any remaining melted chocolate.
From the Test Kitchen
As the ice cream freezes for a longer time, it may become too firm to scoop. Simply let it stand at room temperature 20 to 30 minutes or until softened.
Nutrition Facts (Coconut Stracciatella Ice Cream)
- Per serving:
- 227 kcal ,
- 20 g fat
- (17 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 1 mg chol. ,
- 52 mg sodium ,
- 11 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 8 g sugar ,
- 1 g pro.