- In a large bowl beat butter with a mixer on medium 30 seconds. Add the 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Beat until combined, scraping bowl as needed. Beat in the water and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour, the pecans, and coconut. Cover and chill 30 to 60 minutes or until dough is easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Shape dough into 1-inch balls or 2x1/2-inch logs. Place balls or logs 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake about 15 minutes or until bottoms are light brown. Remove; cool on wire racks.
- Place the 3/4 cup powdered sugar in a large plastic bag. Add cooled cookies, a few at a time, shaking gently to coat.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare as directed, except in Step 3 reduce the powdered sugar to 1/2 cup and stir in 3 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder. Shake cooled cookies in the cocoa mixture.
Per cookie: same as above, except 97 cal., 9 g carb.
Layer cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze uncoated cookies for up to 3 months. To serve, thaw cookies, if frozen. Shake cookies in powdered sugar as directed.
Nutrition Facts (Coconut-Pecan Snowballs)
- Per serving:
- 99 kcal ,
- 7 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 12 mg chol. ,
- 45 mg sodium ,
- 10 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 4 g sugar ,
- 1 g pro.