Coconut-Lime Tropical Fruit Tart
- For pastry, in a food processor combine flour, 1/2 cup sugar, and 3/4 tsp. salt. Cover and pulse just until mixed. Add butter; cover and pulse until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Add ice water and 1 egg yolk; cover and pulse until mixture begins to come together. Press pastry onto bottom and sides of a 10-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line pastry with heavy foil. Bake 20 minutes. Remove foil. Bake 14 to 16 minutes more or until golden. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, for filling, in a medium saucepan stir together 1/2 cup sugar and the cornstarch. Whisk in coconut cream, whole milk, lime zest, and 1/4 tsp. salt. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly; remove from heat. Gradually whisk about 1/2 cup of the hot mixture into 4 egg yolks; return to remaining hot mixture in saucepan. Cook and stir just until bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more. Remove from heat. Stir in coconut and vanilla. Transfer to a medium bowl. Cover surface with plastic wrap and cool 30 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Spread filling into tart shell. Cover and chill at least 4 hours or overnight until firm. Top with tropical fruit in a decorative pattern and lightly dust with ground chipotle pepper.
From the Test Kitchen
Coconut-Lime Tropical Fruit Parfaits
Prepare as directed, except use the pastry to make cookies: Shape pastry into a 2-inch roll. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill 3 hours or until firm. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut roll into 1/4-inch slices; place 1 inch apart on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. Bake 15 minutes or until edges are golden. Remove; cool on a wire rack. To assemble parfaits, use eight 12-oz. glasses. In each glass layer 2 crumbled cookies, 1/3 cup filling, and 1/2 cup fruit. Sprinkle with ground chipotle pepper. Makes 8 (1 1/3-cup) parfaits.
Nutrition Facts (Coconut-Lime Tropical Fruit Tart)
- Per serving:
- 495 kcal ,
- 30 g fat
- (22 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 5 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 157 mg chol. ,
- 440 mg sodium ,
- 51 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 29 g sugar ,
- 6 g pro.