Coconut-Lime Bread with Mango Butter
- Place a disposable liner in a 4-quart oval slow cooker; coat with cooking spray. In a large bowl stir together flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in coconut. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together cream of coconut, sugar, coconut milk, oil, egg whites, lime peel, and lime juice. Add coconut mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (mixture should still be slightly lumpy). Spoon mixture into prepared cooker.
- Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center of bread comes out clean. Turn slow cooker off. Carefully remove lid so condensation does not drip onto bread. Place paper towels over slow cooker to completely cover opening; place lid on top. Cool for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove bread from cooker using the liner. Carefully remove and discard liner. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Serve with Mango Butter.
From the Test Kitchen
Look for cream of coconut with the drink mixers in the liquor section of supermarkets or at a liquor store.
- In a food processor combine butter, mango, and powdered sugar. Cover and process until smooth. Store in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Nutrition Facts (Coconut-Lime Bread with Mango Butter )
- Per serving:
- 450 kcal ,
- 26 g fat
- (14 g sat. fat ,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 8 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 20 mg chol. ,
- 257 mg sodium ,
- 51 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 25 g sugar ,
- 5 g pro.