Coconut Crusted Pork Tenderloin
- For marinade, in a bowl combine the first five ingredients (through cayenne pepper). Trim fat from meat. Cut meat into 8 slices. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, flatten pork slices between two pieces of plastic wrap to 1/2 inch thick. Add meat to marinade; turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate 2 to 3 hours, turning meat occasionally.
- In a shallow dish beat eggs. In a food processor combine macadamia nuts and coconut. Cover and pulse just until mixture is finely chopped.
- Remove meat from marinade; discard marinade. Dip meat slices in egg, turning to coat. Lightly sprinkle both sides of meat with nut mixture. In a large heavy skillet cook pork, half at a time, in 1 tablespoon hot oil over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes per side or until meat is slightly pink in center. Add 1 more tablespoon oil if needed when cooking second half of pork. Serve pork with Paleo Mango Salsa.
Paleo Mango Salsa
- Remove 1/2 teaspoons zest and squeeze 2 tablespoons juice from lime. In a bowl combine all ingredients.
From the Test Kitchen
Chile peppers contain oils that can irritate your skin and eyes. Wear plastic or rubber gloves when working with them.
Nutrition Facts (Coconut Crusted Pork Tenderloin)
- Per serving:
- 447 kcal ,
- 29 g fat
- (18 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 8 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 204 mg chol. ,
- 443 mg sodium ,
- 5 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 1 g sugar ,
- 40 g pro.