Coconut-Chicken Curry Stew
- Coat a medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat; add chicken. Cook and stir about 3 minutes or until light brown. Drain off fat
- In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker layer carrots, chicken, onions, garlic, and ginger.
- In a medium bowl whisk together broth, coconut milk, curry powder, and salt. Pour over the mixture in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours.
- To serve, stir in cilantro and lemon juice.
Nutrition Facts (Coconut-Chicken Curry Stew)
- Per serving:
- 174 kcal ,
- 5 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 63 mg chol. ,
- 478 mg sodium ,
- 15 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 6 g sugar ,
- 17 g pro.
the.amyola 157 Days Ago
Comes out like a soup, but still great! Made 3 times recently. For last batches I added about 50% more chicken, and also diced yukon gold potatoes in the last hour (microwaved to precook, would turn to mush if added at beginning). I also cut salt in half. Thanks!
THEREAlRamsey1 222 Days Ago
JcantorWeinberg 595 Days Ago
This was yummy. I doubled the amount of chicken and would do that next time I made it. Since I used yellow curry powder, I also threw in some red pepper flakes. My kitchen smelled so good while this was cooking.
Patricia Iler 1477 Days Ago
This is really yummy and wonderful on a cold day. Once I was low on carrots and added sweet green peas. That was a good addition.