Recipes and Cooking Coconut, Cherry, and Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies 4.0 (30) 4 Reviews By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Published on August 29, 2012 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: Blaine Moats Prep Time: 30 mins Bake Time: 10 mins Total Time: 40 mins Servings: 30 Yield: 30 cookies Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients ¼ cup butter, softened ½ cup packed brown sugar ⅓ cup granulated sugar 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon ½ teaspoon baking soda ⅛ teaspoon salt 1 egg 1 teaspoon vanilla ¾ cup all-purpose flour ¾ cup rolled oats ½ cup flaked coconut 2 ounce dark chocolate, finely chopped (1/3 cup) ¼ cup snipped dried cherries or cranberries ¼ cup chopped walnuts, toasted* Directions Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Beat in flour just until combined. Stir in oats, coconut, chocolate, dried cherries, and walnuts (dough may be a little crumbly). Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake about 10 minutes or just until edges are set. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Transfer to a wire rack; cool completely. Tips Layer cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months. *Toasting Nuts: To toast whole or coarsely chopped nuts, spread them in a single layer in a shallow pan. Bake the nuts in a 350°F oven for 5 to 10 minutes, shaking the pan once or twice. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 94 Calories 4g Fat 14g Carbs 2g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 30 Calories 94 % Daily Value * Total Fat 4g 5% Saturated Fat 2g 10% Cholesterol 10mg 3% Sodium 52mg 2% Total Carbohydrate 14g 5% Total Sugars 8g Protein 2g Calcium 10.1mg 1% Iron 0.5mg 3% Potassium 52mg 1% Folate, total 8.1mcg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.