Recipes and Cooking Cocoa-Coffee Crinkles 4.1 (29) 4 Reviews These little dessert bites are like a mocha in a cookie! Serve them with hot cups of coffee after a holiday meal. By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Published on July 30, 2012 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Prep Time: 35 mins Chill Time: 1 hr Bake Time: 8 mins Total Time: 1 hr 43 mins Yield: 42 cookies Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients ½ cup butter, softened 1 cup packed brown sugar ⅔ cup unsweetened cocoa powder 1 tablespoon instant coffee crystals 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 egg whites 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour ⅓ cup granulated sugar 2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder Directions In a large bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar, the 2/3 cup cocoa powder, the coffee crystals, baking soda, and cinnamon. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in egg whites. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour. Divide dough in half. Cover and chill about 1 hour or until dough is easy to handle. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl combine granulated sugar and the 2 tablespoons cocoa powder; set aside. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Shape each ball into a 1 1/2-inch log; roll logs in sugar, reserving remaining mixture. Place logs 2 inches apart onto cookie sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are firm. Transfer cookies to wire racks; cool. Sprinkle cookies with the remaining sugar mixture. To Store: Layer cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 67 Calories 2g Fat 11g Carbs 1g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Calories 67 % Daily Value * Total Fat 2g 3% Saturated Fat 2g 10% Cholesterol 6mg 2% Sodium 54mg 2% Total Carbohydrate 11g 4% Total Sugars 7g Protein 1g Calcium 10.1mg 1% Iron 0.5mg 3% Potassium 61mg 1% Folate, total 8.1mcg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.