Recipes and Cooking Classic Creamy Artichoke Dip Be the first to rate & review! Any party is made better (or at least tastier) with an artichoke dip recipe. Whip up this classic hot artichoke dip or one of our flavor variations for your next gathering. By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Published on December 6, 2021 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Prep Time: 10 mins Bake Time: 30 mins Cool Time: 15 mins Total Time: 55 mins Servings: 12 Yield: 3 cups Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients 2 14 ounce cans artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained 1 8 ounce container sour cream 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour ½ cup mayonnaise ¾ cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese Assorted dippers such as pita chips, tortilla chips, veggie chips, fresh veggies, or toasted bread Directions Preheat oven to 350°F. Wrap artichoke hearts in paper towels; press to remove as much excess liquid as possible. Coarsely chop artichoke hearts. In a large bowl stir together sour cream and flour until combined. Stir in artichokes, mayonnaise, and 1/2 cup of the Parmesan. Transfer to a 9-inch pie plate or other shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan. Bake about 30 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and mixture is hot in the center. Cool 15 minutes. Serve with desired dippers. Dera Burreson Italian Sausage Artichoke Dip In a skillet brown 4 oz. bulk Italian sausage. Prepare dip as directed, except stir the cooked sausage, 1/4 cup chopped kalamata olives, and 2 Tbsp. capers (rinsed and patted dry) into the sour cream-artichoke mixture. Top with 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes and the 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Bake as directed. Per serving: 166 cal., 14 g fat (5 g sat. fat), 25 mg chol., 413 mg sodium, 5 g carb., 1 g fiber, 2 g sugars, 4 g pro. Chorizo-Poblano Artichoke Dip Cut 2 poblano peppers in half lengthwise; remove stems and seeds and place cut sides down on a foil-lined baking sheet. Roast in a 425°F oven 25 minutes or until charred. Wrap in foil and let stand 15 minutes. Remove skins and chop. In a large skillet brown 4 oz. bulk chorizo sausage. Prepare dip as directed, except stir roasted peppers, the cooked chorizo, 1/4 cup sliced green onions, and 1/4 cup cilantro into the sour cream-artichoke mixture. Bake as directed.Per serving: 171 cal., 14 g fat (5 g sat. fat), 25 mg chol., 349 mg sodium, 6 g carb., 1 g fiber, 1 g sugars, 5 g pro. Brown Butter Caulifower Artichoke Dip In a large skillet melt 4 Tbsp. butter over medium-high. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until butter starts to brown. Add 2 cups small cauliflower florets and 1 clove minced garlic. Cook and stir4 minutes or until cauliflower is golden brown. Cool slightly. Prepare dip as directed, except stir 2 Tbsp. chopped toasted hazelnuts, 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh sage, and all but 1/2 cup of the cauliflower into the sour cream-artichoke mixture. Sprinkle with reserved cauliflower mixture and the 1/4 cup Parmesan. Bake as directed. Per serving: 181 cal., 17 g fat (6 g sat. fat), 29 mg chol., 308 mg sodium, 5 g carb., 1 g fiber, 2 g sugars, 3 g pro. Spicy Roasted Red Pepper Artichoke Dip Prepare dip as directed, except stir 1 Tbsp. harissa paste into sour cream with the flour. Stir 1/2 cup coarsely chopped roasted red pepper with the artichokes. Bake as directed. To serve, top with chopped toasted almonds and fresh mint leaves. Per serving: 145 cal., 12 g fat (4 g sat. fat), 19 mg chol., 311 mg sodium, 5 g carb., 1 g fiber, 2 g sugars, 3 g pro. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 135 Calories 12g Fat 4g Carbs 3g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 12 Calories 135 % Daily Value * Total Fat 12g 15% Saturated Fat 4g 20% Cholesterol 19mg 6% Sodium 273mg 12% Total Carbohydrate 4g 1% Total Sugars 1g Protein 3g Vitamin C 0.9mg 5% Calcium 83mg 6% Iron 0.1mg 1% Potassium 32mg 1% Folate, total 4.4mcg Vitamin B-12 0.1mcg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.