Citrus Salmon Fillets with Raspberry Salsa
- Lightly coat an unheated 1 1/2-quart slow cooker with variable heat settings with cooking spray. Pour the water into the slow cooker. Place orange slices in bottom of cooker, overlapping slightly if necessary. Rinse salmon fillets and pat dry. Place salmon, skin side down, on top of orange slices; drizzle oil evenly over the fillets. Sprinkle evenly with tarragon, salt, and black pepper.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or on high-heat setting for 1 1/2 hours or until salmon is opaque in center.
- Using a flat spatula, carefully remove salmon and place on dinner plates. Discard oranges and cooking liquid in cooker. Serve salmon with Raspberry Salsa and lemon wedges.
From the Test Kitchen
*Test Kitchen Tip:
Because chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.
For easy cleanup, line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
- In a small bowl combine orange peel, diced orange sections, jalapeno pepper,* and red onion. Toss gently until combined. Fold in fresh raspberries and let stand about 15 minutes to blend flavors. Makes 1 cup.
Nutrition Facts (Citrus Salmon Fillets with Raspberry Salsa)
- Per serving:
- 296 kcal ,
- 13 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 5 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 5 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 94 mg chol. ,
- 367 mg sodium ,
- 9 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 4 g sugar ,
- 35 g pro.