Cinnamon Roll Cookies
- In a large bowl beat butter with a mixer on medium to high 30 seconds. Add the sugar and salt. Beat on medium 2 minutes, scraping bowl as needed. Beat in 1 egg and the vanilla. Beat in flour.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap; chill until easy to handle (30 to 60 minutes). On a floured surface roll dough to a 15x10-inch rectangle. Brush with the lightly beaten egg. Stir together brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over dough. Roll up from a long side. Place roll on a baking sheet or tray, cover, and freeze about 30 minutes or until firm enough to slice.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Use a serrated knife to cut roll into 1/4-inch slices; place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light brown. Cool on cookie sheet 1 minute. Remove; cool on wire rack. Drizzle cooled cookies with Cream Cheese Drizzle.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature up to 3 days or freeze up to 3 months.
Cream Cheese Icing Drizzle
- In a medium bowl beat cream cheese and butter with a mixer on medium until smooth. Beat in powdered sugar and enough milk to make drizzling consistency. Makes about 3/4 cup.
Nutrition Facts (Cinnamon Roll Cookies)
- Per serving:
- 108 kcal ,
- 6 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 24 mg chol. ,
- 77 mg sodium ,
- 13 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 8 g sugar ,
- 1 g pro.