Cilantro-Lime Pasta Salad
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, for dressing, in a blender combine lime juice, cilantro, oil, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, garlic powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper. Cover and blend about 30 seconds or until well mixed. Set aside.
- Lightly coat the rack of an indoor electric grill with cooking spray. Preheat grill. Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Place chicken on grill rack. If using a grill with a cover, close lid. Grill until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F). (For a covered grill, allow about 6 minutes. For an uncovered grill, allow 12 to 15 minutes, turning once halfway through grilling.) Cut chicken into bite-size pieces.
- In a large bowl combine pasta, chicken, tomatoes, red onion, mango, avocado, sweet peppers, and jalapeno pepper. Pour dressing over pasta mixture; toss gently to coat. If desired, serve with lime wedges.
From the Test Kitchen
Because chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.
Nutrition Facts (Cilantro-Lime Pasta Salad)
- Per serving:
- 357 kcal ,
- 13 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 7 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 58 mg chol. ,
- 580 mg sodium ,
- 37 g carb. ,
- 6 g fiber ,
- 14 g sugar ,
- 24 g pro.
Ike to make the dressing while the chicken is cooling, chopping the veggies (except for the avocado which I do at the very end to avoid browning), and pour it over the hot pasta. Helps,cool it and absorbs the favors. Also while I was grilling I threw the red pepper on and roasted just the one. Left an orange pepper raw for the crunch. Great recipe and would definitely make again?
Honey instead of sugar
fresh clove of garlic instead of garlic powder
Double the dressing recipe