Raspberry-Crowned Orange Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with foil. Grease foil; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter and the unsweetened chocolate over low heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Cool about 5 minutes. Stir in eggs, sugar, orange marmalade, and orange liqueur. Stir in flour and baking powder. Spread batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Using the edges of the foil, lift brownies from the pan. Carefully remove the foil.
- Pour Shiny Chocolate Glaze over brownies, spreading evenly. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut brownies into 24 rectangles using a long, sharp knife.
- Before serving, in a heavy small saucepan, melt the bittersweet chocolate and shortening over low heat, stirring constantly. Cool slightly. Place chocolate mixture in a heavy resealable plastic bag; snip a small corner from the bag. Drizzle chocolate mixture in a zigzag pattern over each brownie. Top with raspberries. If desired, sift cocoa powder over top. Let stand about 30 minutes or until chocolate sets. Makes 24 brownies.
From the Test Kitchen
Place glazed brownies in an airtight container and chill for up to 3 days. For longer storage, place unglazed brownies in an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in container at room temperature for 1 hour before glazing.
Shiny Chocolate Glaze
- In a small saucepan, melt the chocolate, and butter or margarine over low heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in the sifted powdered sugar, hot water, and orange peel until combined.