Cinnamon-Chocolate Bread Pudding Souffles
- Attach foil collars to eight 5-ounce souffle dishes: Fold eight 12x4-inch strips of foil in half lengthwise. Spray 1 side of each strip with nonstick coating; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon sugar. Place around ungreased dishes with sugared side in and extending 1 inch above dishes. Secure with tape or a piece of string. Set aside.
- Stir together the 1/4 cup sugar, cocoa powder, and cinnamon in a mixing bowl. Add the 2/3 cup milk and the vanilla. Stir in bread cubes; set aside.
- Melt margarine in a small saucepan; stir in flour. Add the 2/3 cup milk; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat. Beat egg yolks in a small mixing bowl for 5 minutes or until thick and lemon colored. Gradually stir in flour mixture; stir in bread mixture.
- Wash beaters thoroughly. Beat egg whites in a large mixing bowl until soft peaks form (tips curl); gradually add the 3 tablespoons sugar, beating until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight). Fold bread mixture into egg whites. Transfer to prepared dishes.
- Bake in a 350 degree F. oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until a knife inserted near centers comes out clean. Serve immediately. Makes 8 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
To dry bread cubes, bake 2 cups of French bread cut into 1/2-inch cubes in a shallow baking pan in a 350 degree F. oven about 8 minutes or until dry and crisp, stirring the cubes once.
Nutrition Facts (Cinnamon-Chocolate Bread Pudding Souffles)
- Per serving:
- 153 kcal ,
- 4 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 81 mg chol. ,
- 137 mg sodium ,
- 23 g carb. ,
- 6 g pro.