- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a small bowl, combine chocolate-hazelnut spread and semisweet chocolate. Cover and chill until needed.
- Using a round 2-1/2-inch biscuit cutter or drinking glass, cut one circle from each slice of pound cake. Reserve trimmings for another use.
- Place a sheet of phyllo on a work surface. Brush lightly with melted butter. Top with a second sheet of phyllo; brush lightly with melted butter. Top with a third sheet of phyllo; brush lightly with melted butter. Cut crosswise into two pieces. Place a circle of pound cake in the center of each piece of phyllo. Top each with 1 rounded tablespoon of the chocolate mixture. Fold in long sides of phyllo to cover cake; fold bottom over cake. Fold corners of top to form a pointed end; fold pointed end over cake to form an envelope shape. Brush lightly with melted butter; transfer to an ungreased baking sheet.
- Repeat assembling phyllo pockets two more times (you will have six pockets total). Sprinkle pockets with powdered sugar. If desired, cover and chill for up to 24 hours.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. If desired, serve with orange segments. Makes 6 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
*Test Kitchen Tip:
If using a frozen loaf of pound cake, slice the loaf into thirds horizontally, then cut two circles from each slice.
Nutrition Facts (Chocolate-Phyllo Pockets)
- Per serving:
- 433 kcal ,
- 24 g fat
- (12 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 4 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 67 mg chol. ,
- 300 mg sodium ,
- 49 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 27 g sugar ,
- 6 g pro.