- In a small saucepan stir together the gelatin and cold water; let stand 5 minutes. Heat and stir over low heat until gelatin dissolves.
- Meanwhile, in a blender container or food processor bowl combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, sugar, and cocoa powder. (If using the blender, add 2 or 3 tablespoons of the milk to make blending easier.)
- Cover and blend or process until smooth (1 to 2 minutes). Stop to scrape sides, if necessary.
- Add milk, vanilla, and warm gelatin mixture. Cover and blend or process until combined.
- Chill mixture, stirring occasionally, until mixture mounds when spooned (about 30 minutes). Spoon mixture into 6 dessert dishes. Cover and chill in the refrigerator 4 hours or until firm. Makes 6 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Chill up to 24 hours.
Nutrition Facts (Chocolate-Cheese Dessert)
- Per serving:
- 145 kcal ,
- 6 g fat
- 19 mg chol. ,
- 230 mg sodium ,
- 15 g carb. ,
- 8 g pro.