- Grease a 9-inch springform pan. Lift and tilt the pan to coat the bottom and sides with chocolate wafer crumbs. Set aside.
- In a heavy medium saucepan combine chocolate, whipping cream, coffee crystals, and cinnamon. Cook and stir over low heat until the chocolate is melted. Transfer the hot mixture to a medium mixing bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, sugar, and flour. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed about 10 minutes or until thick and lemon colored. Stir in orange peel. Fold one-fourth of the egg mixture into the chocolate mixture. Fold the chocolate mixture into the remaining egg mixture. Pour into the crumb-coated pan.
- Bake in a 325 degree F oven for 50 to 55 minutes or until edge is puffed about halfway to center (the center will be slightly soft). Cool in pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Remove sides of pan. Cool at room temperature for 4 hours. Cover and chill 4 to 24 hours or until serving time.
- If desired, before serving, decorate plates by sifting a mixture of cocoa powder and sifted powdered sugar over tops. Add wedges of dessert. If desired, top with whipped cream, chocolate-covered coffee beans, chocolate candies, and a flower. Makes 16 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
To garnish food with flowers, choose flowers that have been grown without the use of pesticides or other chemicals. They should be fresh and free of bruises. To be sure flowers are edible, look for small packages in the produce section of your supermarket. Common edible varieties include violets, roses, pansies, marigolds, and squash blossoms.
Nutrition Facts (Cappuccino Torte)
- Per serving:
- 272 kcal ,
- 17 g fat
- (10 g sat. fat ,
- 101 mg chol. ,
- 50 mg sodium ,
- 31 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 5 g pro.