Recipes and Cooking Chocolate Zucchini Bread 3.6 (44) 1 Review This classic quick bread gets a modern update in the form of dark chocolate. By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Published on February 17, 2012 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: Andy Lyons Prep Time: 25 mins Bake Time: 55 mins Cool Time: 10 mins Total Time: 1 hrs 30 mins Servings: 28 Yield: 2 loaves Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients 3 cup all-purpose flour 1 tablespoon baking powder 1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon 1 teaspoon salt 2 eggs, lightly beaten 2 ½ cup coarsely shredded, unpeeled zucchini 2 cup sugar 1 cup vegetable oil 2 teaspoon vanilla 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional) 1 ¼ cup dark chocolate pieces Directions Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of two 8x4x2-inch loaf pans; set aside. In a large bowl stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Make a well in the center of flour mixture. In a medium bowl combine eggs, zucchini, sugar, oil, and vanilla. Add zucchini mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold in nuts (if desired) and 3/4 cup of the chocolate pieces. Pour batter into the prepared loaf pans, spreading evenly. Bake about 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the centers comes out clean. Cool in pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on rack. In a small saucepan cook and stir the remaining 1/2 cup chocolate pieces over low heat until melted. Drizzle melted chocolate over loaves. Wrap and store overnight before slicing. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 223 Calories 11g Fat 30g Carbs 2g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 28 Calories 223 % Daily Value * Total Fat 11g 14% Saturated Fat 2g 10% Cholesterol 16mg 5% Sodium 130mg 6% Total Carbohydrate 30g 11% Protein 2g Vitamin C 1.8mg 9% Calcium 50.5mg 4% Iron 1.4mg 8% *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.