Chocolate-Toffee Ice Cream Bars
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with foil or parchment paper, extending foil or paper over edges. In a chilled large bowl stir ice cream until smooth. Spread into prepared pan. Cover with plastic wrap; freeze overnight.
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper; freeze at least 20 minutes. Using foil or paper, lift frozen ice cream from baking pan and place on a cutting board. Cut into nine squares; insert a wooden stick into each square. Transfer to prepared baking sheet; freeze 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a medium heatproof bowl combine chocolate and oil. Place bowl over a saucepan filled with gently boiling water (bowl should not touch the water). Cook until chocolate is melted, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; remove bowl from saucepan. Cool 10 minutes or until a thermometer registers about 100 degrees F.
- Remove bars from freezer. Working quickly, hold sticks and dip bars, one at a time, into melted chocolate until coated. Sprinkle with toffee bits. Return to baking sheet; freeze 1 hour. If desired, wrap individually and store in freezer up to 1 month.
From the Test Kitchen
Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Bars
Prepare as directed, except use strawberry ice cream, white baking chips, and 1/3 cup crushed shortbread cookies mixed with 2 Tbsp. multicolor sprinkles.
Nutrition analysis per bar: 508 calories, 6 g protein, 59 g carbohydrate, 28 g total fat (16 g sat. fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber, 50 g total sugar, 8% Vitamin A, 9% Vitamin C, 106 mg sodium, 15% calcium, 2% iron
Mocha Ice Cream Bars
Prepare as directed, except use coffee ice cream, chopped bittersweet chocolate, and finely chopped chocolate-covered coffee beans.
Nutrition analysis per bar: 471 calories, 6 g protein, 57 g carbohydrate, 30 g total fat (17 g sat. fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 5 g fiber, 41 g total sugar, 8% Vitamin A, 0% Vitamin c, 54 mg sodium, 9% calcium, 22% iron
Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Bars
Prepare as directed, except use chocolate ice cream, white baking chips, and finely chopped chocolate sandwich cookies with white filling.
Nutrition analysis per bar: 556 calories, 6 g protein, 66 g carbohydrate, 31 g total fat (17 g sat. fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber, 60 g total sugar, 10% Vitamin a 2% Vitamin C. 159 mg sodium, 14% calcium, 7% iron
Nutrition Facts (Chocolate-Toffee Ice Cream Bars)
- Per serving:
- 585 kcal ,
- 36 g fat
- (20 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 4 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 51 mg chol. ,
- 130 mg sodium ,
- 59 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 50 g sugar ,
- 5 g pro.