Chocolate-Peanut Butter Shortbread Bites
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a food processor combine flour, sugar, and cocoa powder. Cover and process with on/off pulses until well mixed. Add butter and peanut butter. Cover and process with on/off pulses until mixture starts to cling. Transfer to a large bowl. Form mixture into a ball and knead until smooth.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough until 1/2 inch thick. Using 1- to 2-inch cookie cutters, cut dough into desired shapes. Place cutouts 1 inch apart on an ungreased large cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until centers are set. Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack set over waxed paper; cool.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl microwave chocolate pieces and 1 1/2 teaspoons of the shortening on 50 percent power (medium) about 2 minutes or until melted, stirring once. In another small microwave-safe bowl microwave peanut butter pieces and the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons shortening on 50 percent power (medium) about 2 minutes or until melted, stirring once. Spread half of the cookies with melted peanut butter mixture and the other half with melted chocolate mixture. Drizzle cookies with the mixture that is opposite of the spread.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts (Chocolate-Peanut Butter Shortbread Bites)
- Per serving:
- 113 kcal ,
- 7 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 10 mg chol. ,
- 51 mg sodium ,
- 11 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 5 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.