Chocolate-Peanut Butter Granola Bar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil. Coat foil with cooking spray; set aside. Spread oats in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until toasted, stirring twice. Remove from oven; let cool. Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F.
- Meanwhile in a small saucepan combine the corn syrup, peanut butter, brown sugar, butter, and honey. Heat and stir over medium heat just until peanut butter and brown sugar are melted. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and salt.
- In a large bowl combine the toasted oats, rice cereal, pretzels, wheat germ, and chia seeds. Stir to combine. Pour corn syrup mixture over oat mixture. Stir to combine.
- Press oat mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle chocolate pieces evenly over the top. Press chocolate pieces firmly into oat mixture. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until firm. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
From the Test Kitchen
To Make Ahead:
Layer bars between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts (Chocolate-Peanut Butter Granola Bar)
- Per serving:
- 148 kcal ,
- 5 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 3 mg chol. ,
- 147 mg sodium ,
- 23 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 11 g sugar ,
- 4 g pro.
lmcasey30gmail 636 Days Ago
Absolutely delicious and the kids loved helping make and eat them.
victorialynn121 483 Days Ago
If I leave out the wheat germ, chia seeds and oatmeal, would cooking time still be the same? Thanks
Dee Staser 770 Days Ago
Is it important to use wheat germ in granola. I would like to omit it.