Chocolate Malted-Milk Brownies
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over edges of pan. Grease foil; set pan aside.
- In a large saucepan heat and stir butter and unsweetened chocolate over low heat until smooth. Whisk in eggs, sugar, and vanilla.
- In a small bowl combine flour, malted-milk powder, and salt. Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture, stirring to combine. Stir in chopped chocolate malted-milk balls. Spread batter in the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven about 30 minutes or until set. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Using the edges of the foil, lift brownies out of pan. Using a 2-inch round cutter, cut brownies into rounds.
- Pipe or spread Chocolate Malted-Milk Filling on the top center of each brownie round. Place half of a chocolate malted-milk ball on the chocolate filling on each brownie round.
Test Kitchen Tip
If you're short on time, instead of chilling the Chocolate Malted-Milk Filling, place the bowl in a larger bowl filled with ice cubes. Beat frosting with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until fluffy.
Chocolate Malted Milk Filling
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl combine milk chocolate pieces and whipping cream. Microwave, uncovered, on 100 percent power (high) for 1 minute. Whisk until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Stir in chocolate malted-milk powder. Cover; chill for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Beat with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until filling is fluffy, being careful not to overbeat. (Or instead of chilling chocolate filling, place the bowl in a larger bowl filled with ice cubes. Beat filling with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until fluffy, being careful not to overbeat.)
Nutrition Facts (Chocolate Malted-Milk Brownies)
- Per serving:
- 460 kcal ,
- 24 g fat
- (14 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 5 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 102 mg chol. ,
- 220 mg sodium ,
- 59 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 40 g sugar ,
- 6 g pro.