Chocolate Malted Milk Biscotti
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line large cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together flour, cocoa powder, malted milk powder, baking soda, and salt. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture; set aside. In a medium mixing bowl whisk together eggs, melted butter, sugar, and vanilla. Add egg mixture to the flour mixture; stir until the dough starts to form a ball. Stir in malted milk balls and chocolate pieces (dough will be crumbly). Knead the dough until it comes together.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide dough in half. Shape each half into a 10-inch-long roll. Place rolls about 3 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheet; flatten slightly until about 2 inches wide.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet on a wire rack for at least 1 hour.
- Transfer rolls to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut each roll diagonally into 1/2-inch slices. Place slices, cut sides down, on cookie sheet. Bake for 8 minutes. Turn slices over and bake for 8 minutes more. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool. (Cookies will crisp as they cool.)
From the Test Kitchen
Layer cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts (Chocolate Malted Milk Biscotti)
- Per serving:
- 100 kcal ,
- 3 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 20 mg chol. ,
- 99 mg sodium ,
- 16 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 9 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.