Recipes and Cooking Chocolate-Macadamia Dreams 5.0 (7) Add your rating & review These mouthwatering cookies combine rolled oats, white and semisweet chocolate, and macadamia nuts for a delicious treat. Substitute peanut butter chips for an interesting twist. By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Published on September 25, 2013 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Prep Time: 35 mins Bake Time: 8 mins Total Time: 43 mins Servings: 45 Yield: 45 cookies Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients ½ cup shortening ½ cup butter, softened ¾ cup granulated sugar ¾ cup packed brown sugar ½ teaspoon baking powder ¼ teaspoon baking soda ¼ teaspoon salt 2 eggs 1 teaspoon vanilla 1 ⅓ cup all-purpose flour ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder 1 ½ cup rolled oats 1 cup semisweet chocolate pieces 1 cup white baking pieces or peanut butter-flavor pieces 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts Directions Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside. In an extra-large mixing bowl beat shortening and butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Beat in flour and cocoa powder on low speed just until combined. Using a wooden spoon, stir in oats, semisweet chocolate pieces, white baking pieces, and nuts. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or just until edges are firm and centers are slightly soft. Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack; cool. To Store: Layer cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 169 Calories 10g Fat 20g Carbs 2g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 45 Calories 169 % Daily Value * Total Fat 10g 13% Saturated Fat 4g 20% Cholesterol 14mg 5% Sodium 54mg 2% Total Carbohydrate 20g 7% Total Sugars 12g Protein 2g Calcium 16mg 1% Iron 0.8mg 4% Potassium 70mg 1% Folate, total 11.9mcg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.