Recipes and Cooking Chocolate-Hazelnut Mousse Cookies Be the first to rate & review! This might just be the easiest mousse chocolate recipe you'll ever find! Mix it up and use the chocolate-hazelnut mousse as a frosting for our tasty homemade cookies or as a filling for an irresistible cookie sandwich. By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Updated on July 21, 2017 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Prep Time: 40 mins Cool Time: 2 mins Freeze Time: 30 mins Bake Time: 6 mins Total Time: 40 mins Yield: 72 cookies Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients ¼ cup butter, softened ½ cup packed brown sugar 2 teaspoon vanilla 2 ounce dark chocolate baking bar (60 percent cacao), melted and cooled ¾ cup all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda ⅛ teaspoon salt 1 recipe Chocolate-Hazelnut "Mousse" Toasted hazelnuts Chocolate-Hazelnut "Mousse" 3 tablespoon butter, softened ⅓ cup chocolate hazelnut spread 1 cup powdered sugar 2 teaspoon milk Directions In a large bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar. Beat until combined, scraping bowl occasionally. Add vanilla and cooled chocolate, beating until combined. In a small bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually beat as much of the flour mixture into the butter mixture as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour mixture. Shape dough into two 1-inch-diameter logs, about 9 inches long. Carefully wrap logs in plastic wrap. Freeze for 30 minutes or until logs are firm enough to slice. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper. Unwrap logs and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices. Place slices 1 inch apart on prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 6 minutes or until edges are set. Cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheet. Transfer to wire racks; cool completely. Using a star tip, pipe a small amount of Chocolate-Hazelnut "Mousse" onto each cookie. Top each with a toasted hazelnut. Chocolate-Hazelnut "Mousse" In a medium bowl beat butter and chocolate hazelnut spread together with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until combined. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until smooth. Add milk to make a piping consistency. Sandwich Cookies: To make sandwich cookies, pipe mousse on the tops of half of the cookies. Top with remaining cookies. To Store: Layer cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 41 Calories 2g Fat 5g Carbs Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Calories 41 % Daily Value * Total Fat 2g 3% Saturated Fat 1g 5% Cholesterol 3mg 1% Sodium 18mg 1% Total Carbohydrate 5g 2% Total Sugars 3g Iron 0.2mg 1% Potassium 12mg 0% Folate, total 4mcg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.