Chocolate-Hazelnut Mousse Cookies
- In a large bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar. Beat until combined, scraping bowl occasionally. Add vanilla and cooled chocolate, beating until combined.
- In a small bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually beat as much of the flour mixture into the butter mixture as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour mixture. Shape dough into two 1-inch-diameter logs, about 9 inches long. Carefully wrap logs in plastic wrap. Freeze for 30 minutes or until logs are firm enough to slice.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper. Unwrap logs and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices. Place slices 1 inch apart on prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 6 minutes or until edges are set. Cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheet. Transfer to wire racks; cool completely.
- Using a star tip, pipe a small amount of Chocolate-Hazelnut "Mousse" onto each cookie. Top each with a toasted hazelnut.
From the Test Kitchen
To make sandwich cookies, pipe mousse on the tops of half of the cookies. Top with remaining cookies.
Layer cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- In a medium bowl beat butter and chocolate hazelnut spread together with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until combined. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until smooth. Add milk to make a piping consistency.
Nutrition Facts (Chocolate-Hazelnut Mousse Cookies)
- Per serving:
- 41 kcal ,
- 2 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 3 mg chol. ,
- 18 mg sodium ,
- 5 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 3 g sugar ,
- 0 g pro.