Chocolate-Grand Marnier® Tartlets
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. For crust, in a medium bowl combine almonds, hazelnuts, and brown sugar. Transfer to a food processor or blender. Cover and process or blend with on/off pulses until nuts are finely ground; return to bowl. Stir in flour. Stir in melted butter until combined. Press mixture onto the bottoms and into the sides of six 4-inch fluted individual tart pans that have removable bottoms. Bake about 15 minutes or until firm and golden. Cool in pans on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan bring whipping cream just to simmering over medium heat. Remove from heat. Whisk in chocolate and Grand Marnier until smooth. Cool about 30 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken but is still pourable.
- Spread marmalade over bottom of crust in each tart pan. Carefully pour chocolate mixture over marmalade. Cover and chill about 2 hours or until set. Remove sides of tart pans. If desired, garnish with Candied Kumquats.
From the Test Kitchen
If desired, use Chambord and raspberry preserves instead of the Grand Marnier and orange marmalade.
- Cut kumquats in half. In a large skillet or medium saucepan combine the sugar and water. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until mixture begins to simmer and is clear. Reduce heat to medium. Add kumquats and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until kumquats are soft, turning occasionally. Remove from heat; cool. Drain; if necessary, pat dry with paper towels.
Nutrition Facts (Chocolate-Grand Marnier® Tartlets)
- Per serving:
- 643 kcal ,
- 38 g fat
- (15 g sat. fat ,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 18 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 48 mg chol. ,
- 95 mg sodium ,
- 76 g carb. ,
- 7 g fiber ,
- 61 g sugar ,
- 8 g pro.