Recipes and Cooking Chocolate-Glazed Peppermint Cookies Be the first to rate & review! By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Updated on July 31, 2013 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Prep Time: 45 mins Chill Time: 1 hrs Bake Time: 6 mins Total Time: 45 mins Yield: 68 cookies Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients 2 ½ cup all-purpose flour ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder 1 cup butter, softened 1 cup sugar 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder ½ teaspoon salt 1 egg 1 teaspoon vanilla 1 recipe Chocolate-Peppermint Coating Chocolate-Peppermint Coating 2 12 ounce packages semisweet chocolate pieces (about 4 cups) ¼ cup shortening ½ teaspoon peppermint extract Directions Preheat oven to 375°F. In a small bowl combine flour and cocoa powder; set aside. In a large bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar, baking powder, and salt. Beat until combined, scraping bowl occasionally. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour mixture as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour mixture. Divide dough in half. Shape each half into a 10-inch roll. Wrap each roll in plastic wrap or waxed paper. Chill rolls about 1 hour or until dough is firm enough to slice. Cut rolls into 1/4-inch slices. Place slices 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until edges are firm. Transfer to wire racks; cool. Line cookie sheets with waxed paper; set aside. Dip each cookie into Chocolate-Peppermint Coating, turning to coat all sides of cookie. (Reheat coating as necessary.) Place cookies on prepared cookie sheets. Using a thin metal spatula, swirl coating on each cookie. Chill until coating is set. Chocolate-Peppermint Coating In a medium saucepan combine semisweet chocolate pieces, shortening, and peppermint extract. Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate melts. To Store: Layer cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 110 Calories 7g Fat 13g Carbs 1g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Calories 110 % Daily Value * Total Fat 7g 9% Saturated Fat 4g 20% Cholesterol 10mg 3% Sodium 51mg 2% Total Carbohydrate 13g 5% Total Sugars 8g Protein 1g Calcium 10.1mg 1% Iron 0.7mg 4% Potassium 53mg 1% Folate, total 12.1mcg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.