Recipes and Cooking Chocolate-Espresso Coins 3.8 (9) Add your rating & review By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Published on November 30, 2012 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: Andy Lyons Prep Time: 30 mins Chill Time: 2 hrs Bake Time: 5 mins Total Time: 2 hrs 35 mins Servings: 24 Yield: 145 cookies. Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients ½ cup butter, softened ¼ cup packed brown sugar ¼ cup granulated sugar 1 egg 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder 1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon 1 teaspoon instant espresso coffee powder ½ teaspoon salt 1 cup all-purpose flour 3 ounce bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped 3 ounce bittersweet chocolate, melted Directions In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar and granulated sugar. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in the egg, cocoa powder, cinnamon, coffee powder, and salt until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour and the chopped chocolate. Divide dough into three equal portions. On a lightly floured surface, shape each portion into a 10- to 12-inch-long roll (about 1 inch in diameter). Wrap rolls in plastic wrap or waxed paper. Chill about 2 hours or until firm enough to slice. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment paper. Cut rolls into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place slices 1/2 inch apart on the prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 5 to 6 minutes or until light brown and set. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool. Drizzle cooled cookies with melted chocolate. Let stand until set. To Store: Layer undrizzled cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months. Drizzle with melted chocolate before serving. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 109 Calories 7g Fat 12g Carbs 1g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 24 Calories 109 % Daily Value * Total Fat 7g 9% Saturated Fat 4g 20% Cholesterol 18mg 6% Sodium 86mg 4% Total Carbohydrate 12g 4% Total Sugars 7g Protein 1g Calcium 10.1mg 1% Iron 0.9mg 5% Potassium 59mg 1% Folate, total 12.1mcg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.