Chocolate-Dipped Pumpkin Madelines
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar and brown sugar. Beat until light and fluffy, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in pumpkin until combined.
- In a small bowl stir together all-purpose flour, cake flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, salt, and cloves. Sprinkle flour mixture, half at a time, over pumpkin mixture; fold until combined. Cover and chill batter for 2 to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease and flour thirty 3-inch madeleine molds. Spoon batter into prepared molds, filling each about half full. Bake about 10 minutes or until edges are golden and tops spring back when lightly touched.
- Cool in molds for 1 minute. Using the point of a knife, loosen cookies from molds; invert molds over a wire rack to remove cookies. Cool.
- In a small saucepan bring whipping cream and vanilla just to boiling over medium-high heat. Remove from heat. Add chocolate (do not stir}. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir until smooth. Add additional whipping cream if needed to thin mixture.
- Line a large baking sheet with waxed paper. Dip half of each cookie into warm chocolate mixture, letting excess drip off. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Chill about 30 minutes or until chocolate is set. Store in the refrigerator.
From the Test Kitchen
Madelines are best eaten the day they are made.
Nutrition Facts (Chocolate-Dipped Pumpkin Madelines)
- Per serving:
- 118 kcal ,
- 6 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 37 mg chol. ,
- 65 mg sodium ,
- 14 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 8 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.